Friday, August 29, 2008

Comparing Costco/ Sam's vs shopping at CVS/ Walgreens

If you think like me, and apparently many of you do because of what you tell me, you have wondered about shopping in Bulk at Costco/ Sam's Bj's etc... and if it really does save you money. I must admit, I had wondered about it alot. Having 5 kids means you NEED to buy things in bulk because you just can't get by with 1 gallon of milk each week - that one gallon is gone by the morning! But every time we walked out of Sam's, I felt we had just handed over half our paycheck! (Ouch!) Since we have been "doing the couponing thing" we have noticed our grocery expenses drop quite a bit. I had always thought buying in bulk was the way to go, but it has actually saved us a ton by buying smaller bottles and using coupons. I ran across a blog today where (Common sense with Money) had actually made comparisons (dollar wise).... check it out if you would like (click the title to go to her blog and read for yourself.)Interesting.

No comments: