Monday, September 29, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and therefore I am putting in my annual plug for "Please go get your mammogram!" Although this is a blog dedicated to coupons/ saving money/ shopping, this one issue is very near and dear to my heart.
My mother had breast cancer not so long ago and the things I saw her have to endure (chemo/ radiation/ losing her hair, feeling awful...) I wouldn't wish anyone to have to see their mother (or anyone else they love) have to endure. Although this only added to my already immense respect, admiration and love for my mother and all of her wonderful qualities (she's my hero), it was difficult to see her have to go through all that. I feel extremely blessed that she not only survived it, and is stronger because of her experiences, but is still here to be one of my very best friends. Please....spare those who love you as well as spare yourself, go get checked...it doesn't take long to do, and it can save your life!!!! Tell those around you to go get theirs, too!


Become a member of Viva Towels Divas and $5 will be donated in your name to breast cancer research. Here's thelink:
https://www.vivadivacafe.vivatowels.com/Default.aspx

No comments: